Vaillant Ecomax 824/2 E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Does anyone know what fault code E 12 means on the above boiler, one of my colleagues reckons its something to do with the pump, I'm not convinced though, what do you reckon?
I've got to attend tomorrow....

Cheers

Mick.

Sponsored Links
Whatever it means if the diverter is OK then its probably the airswitch !

Tony

No, I was somewhat joking as 98% of faults I attend on that model are the diverter and after changing it I usually get called to a failed airswitch a few months later.

You will check it in the book but it is probably an unexpected thermal condition, perhaps caused by a blocked pump or blocked HE. Sometimes its nothing obvious but changing the NTCs ( as a pair ) will fix it although they test OK at room temperature. Perhaps the curve can get out of step?

Unfortunately there is little incentive to look for faults once the boiler is fixed and changing the NTCs has cured it. They almost always need to be changed if its been run dry by the tenants.

I sometimes think they are just a little too sensitive.

Someone else will probably tell us exactly what the code list says but remember thats only what the boiler "thinks" is wrong.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it comes up e12 I have an ecomax 828/2 & have just checked manual & all fault codes begin with f but there is no f 12
Maybe i've drunk too much today

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back