vaillant ecomax 824e no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive had the above boiler for aprox 3 years
recently when running hot water .it goes hot then drops to warm only on reseting boiler does it go hot again for a short while then goes warm to cold looking at fault codes it says f25 althouth i cant finf 25 in manual
any help .ill be gratful thanks

Sponsored Links
What kind of reset are you doing?

Can you measure the flow and return temperatures on DHW ?

Tony

thanks for geting back im switching boiler on and of looking at the tempersure on the panel the temp rises then after a short while falls to about 6o d eg from about 80 deg

Thats not what I asked!

But if its going up to 80°C then that rather indicates the plate HE is blocked as usual because the system was not properly cleaned at installation.

Tony

Sponsored Links
sorry can you tell me how to check for flow and return temperatures on DHW thanks

You need a contact thermometer and put it on the flow and return pipes from the combustiion chamber.

Its the difference we want and a differential thermometer is most ideal.

Tony

thanks for geting back looking at the forum
simular prob apear to be a diverter valve any thoughts on this
is this a hard job to change thanks

I was trying to help you DIAGNOSE the problem.

I could hardly go to a client and change parts at his expense if I was not sure they were the problem.

As you dont want my help to diagnose the problem then you had better change the diverter valve instead and hope thats the problem! They must be easy to change as I can do a few every month!

Tony

Doesnt sound like diverter but to test turn ch off and allow ch to cool down. Open hot tap and check ch flow pipe 12" or so from boiler. If it rapidly gets hot then the diverter is probably at fault.

I however think agile is barking up the right tree with blocked heat exchanger. I have changed / cleaned many of these due to blockages on vaillants

hi i am very sory if i upset you i do need your help any comments or advice iwould be very gratfull i mensioned the valve as i just hapened to notice some one on here with a simular prob thanks for geting back

thanks for your reply is the flow pipe one of the copper pipes under the boiler .what you are saying is that some of the heat is going to the rads rather than hot water .if its the heat exchange is that a job a diy can do thanks

Yes its one of the 22mm pipes, the one on the left as you look at it iirc.

The heat exchanger can be done DIY, just take your time and follow manuafacturers instuctions

You don't need surface/pipe stats for this.

D40 is the flow temp and D41 is the return temp.

D3 will give the actual HW temp leaving the plate HE.

thanks for everyones help here are the setings as i can see them
D3 37 . D5 66 . D7 60. D40 63. D41 41
THESE ARE SHOWING WHEN HOT WATER TAP IS RUNNING
ANY HELP TO SORT THIS OUT IS VERY WELCOME THANKS

Forget about D5 and D7.

When the HW tap is running does the ch flow pipe get hot?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back