Vaillant ecomax boiler problems, plumber has come 4 times in past 2 weeks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've got Vaillant Ecomax combi boiler and it's giving us problems since we've got 2 new basins installed in our toilets. It cuts off hot water intermittently especially when heating is on, some times it doesn't give any error, most of the time it gives f.20 and very rarely it gives f.24.

Same plumber has been working on it since past 2 weeks, every time he spends an hour or two cleaning different things. He straight away ruled out pump, and he's been looking to find blockage. According to him it's blockage somewhere which is not circulating the water thats why pump doesn't kick off.

Now he's gone back to pump, and saying it's definitely pump as yesterday it was the first time the issue happened in front of him. He said pump got the signal but it didn't spin.

I'm just wondering if i get second opinion or you guys think it's definitely pump?

Thanks,
Faraz

Sponsored Links
Those fault codes do reffer to overheating issues, nobody on an internet forum can tell you its definetly the pump or not.

But it certainly would be on my list of possible componenets for causing that sort of issue. If he says it got power but never spun when he was infront of it then yea, Id be changing it but depends if hes right or not about it having power, is the guy a heating engineer?

I suspect the system is very dirty and either you told him you don't want to pay the £500 to have the system power flushed, or he thinks that you would not.

Pumps normally fail as a result of dirt in the system. Replacing will often get it going again for a few months before it fails again.

But by then he should have been paid and gone!

Tony

He says so that he's a heating engineer but certainly not very experienced. Today he got someone else to validate and now they've decided to take pump and pcb off from boiler for testing somewhere which will help them identifying what's causing the issue. Let's see!

Sponsored Links
First time I have ever heard of a pump and PCB both being taken away for "testing".

First time I have ever heard of a pump and PCB both being taken away for "testing".
HEY! these are proffesionals! clearly the have an exact match of boiler back at base they can fit them in and run to see if it now fails!

oh no wait, they actually just seem quite dodgy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back