Vaillant f75 error; plumber wants me to choose next step

I thought they may offer some kind of service and repair contract. I usually don't go for that sort of thing but I've had a lot of boiler issues over the years and I thought it might be worth looking in to.

Sponsored Links
Hello again.

I took the advice you all gave me and spoke to a few local boiler service/repair men. They were all too busy to get out to me before Monday/Tuesday but a couple were kind enough to listen to the problem and offer me some advice. They said that as the boiler will run for long periods, sometimes days, before F75 the problem was probably the switch and not the pump. As the switches are cheap enough I decided to buy one so that my regular plumber can fit it over the weekend if the boiler packs in before they can get to me. I was advised by vaillant that the part I needed was 0020059717.

So now to my question: when I look in the boiler I can see that the switch I have bought goes about half-way up the boiler on the left hand side, but the manual shows the water pressure switch to be situated near the bottom middle of the boiler. Does it sound like I have the right part or have vaillant misled me?

Thanks

It was moved from the bottom to the top left as they revised the boiler in later models... Ironically to help stop f75 faults!

Yes you have the right part number for the water pressure sensor. These parts are of such poor quality that they should almost be treated as a routine service item.

On the earlier models it was located down on the LHS but was relocated up top just under the heat exchanger to cure another design defect :rolleyes:

These models are riddled with design faults...the Germans really know how to make carp. :)

Sponsored Links
But our advice is also you will be contravening safety regulations if you open the front cover on that model.

In my experience 75% are caused by something else and the sensor does not need to be replaced.

Tony

I won't be doing it myself. I'm pretty handy at DIY but I draw the line where gas is involved.

Incidentally, I would have had it fixed by now but I have really struggled to get a gas engineer (is that the right name?) who I like the look of and can get to me before the weekend; I Don't think I'm being too picky either.

As things stand, the boiler usually re-sets after a couple of attempts and I'll have an engineer out by Tuesday. I was just trying to take a few precautions to avoid being left with no boiler over the weekend.

Thanks again for all the input.

I am pretty ugly and you may well not like the look of me!

But I am a very generous and friendly person and I dont think my looks affect my abilities to repair boilers!

Look for someone who is good with boilers regardless of whether you like their looks!

Tony

I was speaking figuratively when I used the word 'look'. Call me judgemental but I don't want to use an engineer that has basic spelling and grammar errors on his website. Would it mean he wasn't up to the job? Probably not but I'd rather not take the chance.[/url]

Well in spite of my looks, my spelling and grammar are excellent!

So at least I have an advantage! That is apart from understanding boilers!

Oddly, one of the engineers here has a degree in English Lit and still makes regular errors! But at least he is OK with boilers ( as long as they are not Ideal Minis! )

Tony

I was speaking figuratively when I used the word 'look'. Call me judgemental but I don't want to use an engineer that has basic spelling and grammar errors on his website. Would it mean he wasn't up to the job? Probably not but I'd rather not take the chance.[/url]

Assuming that he wrote said site.

Tony, as you say it is "literature", not language. . I'm also dyslexic and on a mobile device most of the time. . Making typing a pain. . Especially with autocorreckt.

Do you have any ideas for that mini? . The POS still isn't working properly.

Partyon, what do you want, someone who has queen's English or understating of boiler function giving him tip top ability to crack and fix your boiler. In Cumbuction Chamber section of this forum there are guys who regularly mix their their with there and no with know to quote two examples

Some of these guys are top repairers without a doubt. Me thinks you need to alter your perception regards impeccable english speaking white-collared shiny- booted ten thumb 'engineer' and semi literate boiler wiz kid ;)

Partyon, what do you want, someone who has queen's English or understating of boiler function giving him tip top ability to crack and fix your boiler. In Cumbuction Chamber section of this forum there are guys who regularly mix their their with there and no with know to quote two examples

Some of these guys are top repairers without a doubt. Me thinks you need to alter your perception regards impeccable english speaking white-collared shiny- booted ten thumb 'engineer' and semi literate boiler wiz kid ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Would you happen to no who they are? :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back