Vaillant ECOMAX Combi - No power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
Following rewiring in my daughter's house, the boiler has gone completely dead. there is current going through the boiler cable but no display of any kind on the panel.

Do these boilers have an internal fuse?
Where can I get the manual for one.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes they have an internal fuse on the pcb. Usually they fix 2 spares to the inside of the pcb cover.

Don't forget to isolate the boiler at the mains outlet, even though it appears dead, before touching any part of it.

Thanks Dave for a prompt reply. Any idea about the manuals? There is nothing on the Vaillant website for Ecomax. The boiler was fitted in 2002.

It turned out there is no PCB cover and no spare fuses. There are two fuses on the board one for the fan and the other one for the rest of the board.
Luckily, the power returned by itself after a little while.

Sponsored Links
I would recommend getting a pcb cover asap, as without one, any slightest leak could blow the pcb :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back