Vaillant ecoplus boiler pump over run - please advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Vaillant Ecoplus boiler which was new in March last year.
When I turn the hot water on it loses pressure and although it remains hot it is very weak pressure.
The info LED reports S17 pump over run.

The rpessure is between 1 and 2 on the dial, .

I have read elsewhere that it is due to a dead leg of water in the system?? but I do not know what this is or what to do about it.

Can anyone please advise me?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you have not described your system or given your boiler model.

I suspect you mean the hot water FLOW and not pressure as you stated.

The normal procedure is to call the installer back if you have any issues with the boiler.

Tony

Thank you for your reply. I am not at home so can't remember the model exactly and yes you are right it is the flow of hot water.
I will call the installer but thought that as it comes up on the info LED I might be able to diagnose and fix it with help.

Sponsored Links
A DIYer is not even supposed to open the cover on this style of boiler because it constitutes the outer combustion cover!

In any case its either the installer's responsibility ( most likely ) or the company under the boiler warrantee.

Tony

This ecoPLUS you have i am guessing and plucking at straws!

If you really mean an ecotec plus then it is covered by a TWO year warranty as long as it is serviced after it's first year!

therefor get vaillant or your installer out!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back