Vaillant ecoplus CH boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help since I turned on my central heating the pressure gauge is now showing red! It was ok on just hot water but every time I switch on the heating as well it creeps up gradually to red until it switches itself off as a safety thing. When we turn it back on it starts rising again. The taps underneath the boiler are both closed and the instructions don't help with any information about them. Please can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
Sounds a bit expansion vessely to me, until you say that it switches itself off as a safety thing. What do you mean by that ?More info needed!

The pressure gauge starts off showing grey when the heating is switched on and as time goes on moves into the red and the finger continues to move further down into the red and finally the boiler switches itself off. Its not quite a year old and the engineer told me that if the gauge moved into the red it would switch off. The two taps under the boiler are both closed and I wonder if they should be. I find the instructions difficult as they describe taking a screw driver to undo screws under the boiler. This is supposed to be the owners manual but I don't think I want to start unscrewing things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back