vaillant ecotec 831 leaking

I am sure that I could have driven to Northamptonshire and done it for less than to £414.

In a local area I would probably have charged more like £234.

I more or less extend my local area up the M1 to J 18 and then along the A/M45 to Cov if its not urgent.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You've got the best Vaillant engineer on your doorstep in Northampton and didn't use him! I'm afraid the price you paid was far from correct. I'll let you Google the part number 178978...

Any reputable engineer will mark up 20-30% on a trade price to cover dead stock, faulty returns and support etc. Certainly that does not arrive at £280 :eek:

It should take about an hour to complete with a flue combustion analysis and expansion vessel check/charge. Maybe 20 mins more if the combustion door seal requires changing.

Thankfully at least the water leak didn't get into the DV motor and take out the PCB (usual fault).

Hello `Bunny `
I`ve used said engineer before and so has my daughter so he was the first one I called. ( Probably wont use him again tho, not at the rates he charges! ) So tell me, how do I contact the best 831 engineer in my county for future work ??? I don`t suppose I have any comeback now that I`ve paid him?

Put 'Vaillant' and 'Northampton' in Google and he's top of the list. Its not me by the way.

Maybe a call to the engineer who carried out the work won't go amiss. We all have to mark up parts as previously mentioned, but the amount you were charged was over the top. Theres no law against charging what you like, and if you were happy to get the job done and pay that, thats fine. End of problem.

But in this day and age of the internet, if one of my customers complained of part prices charged I'd have no trouble explaining MY charges. I really wouldn't know where to start if I had to justify his...

Sponsored Links
I would say its a good price for a big fat lawer, a Doctor/consultant or a Banker, but for an averge bloke who works so hard and earns less than 500 quid a week its a rip off.

I am sure that I could have driven to Northamptonshire and done it for less than to £414.

In a local area I would probably have charged more like £234.

I more or less extend my local area up the M1 to J 18 and then along the A/M45 to Cov if its not urgent.

Tony
tony i could have come downfrom my wee hole in scotland and back again for that price, sheesh.
bunnyman you sure have a sure fire hitter there on your doorstep you better raise your game :LOL: you ARE the expert within this domain and bet you wouldn't have been half this price :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I have a small leak coming from the bottom of the boiler at the front right hand side. I found a fair bit of water on first discovery and I have since placed a tray underneath, yesterday there was no leak at all, however today there has been a small leak. Sounds like a similar problem to the original post. I will contact a local heating engineer today, does anyone have an armchair diagnosis available? Perhaps the pressure release valve? and approx costs of repair? Thanks in advance.

You have just hijacked a post that is 10 months old, you would be better starting your own post, you will have more chance of the correct answer then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back