Vaillant Ecotec 831 rubber hose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently saw that some of the vaillant ecotec 831 had problems with their rubber hoses and these were being replaced by vaillant to copper ones. I rang up vaillant and they said as it is out of warranty it will be chargeable.
I have taken a picture of the rubber hoses could anyone tell me do i need to replace them?
Also my rubber hose was missing the filter which connects at the end of one of them as shown in the vaillant parts book. Do I need that filter and what purpose does it serve?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
As I understand there are two changes, the first being a different rubber hose with a red stripe.

The second the copper.

It seems a little odd to me that you pre-empt a problem and start taking your boiler apart.

Doing that seems more likely to me to create a problem!

The only filter I know of is behind the pressure sensor at the bottom left.

Tony

Hi,
I recently saw that some of the vaillant ecotec 831 had problems with their rubber hoses and these were being replaced by vaillant to copper ones. I rang up vaillant and they said as it is out of warranty it will be chargeable.
I have taken a picture of the rubber hoses could anyone tell me do i need to replace them?
Also my rubber hose was missing the filter which connects at the end of one of them as shown in the vaillant parts book. Do I need that filter and what purpose does it serve?

Thank you

Copper ones are about £75 but why remove them if they are not leaking??? The filter is a conoe filter as tony said behind the pressure sensor

Yeah that is correct it is the conoe filter, do I need that? As my boiler did not have it when I took the hose off?

Sponsored Links
You do not see it when you take off the pioe.

As I said its inside the black plastic housing at bottom left.

Tony

We had bit of dirt in the heat exchanger, so we took it off to clean it. And before anyone starts saying, yes we have had it powerflushed and we do have a filter fitted. I was thinking if the filter would have kept the dirt out of the heat exchanger.

we deal with these boilers everyday,i would change these legs because if they split it can take out fan and pcb due to water damage.You have done the hard part by taking legs off,£75 is cheaper than a pcb and fan ;)

Don't worry about the filter it's to big to catch much we remove em sometimes to help with f75 it will be there an they r bastards to get out,it is in the pipe behind the pink pressure sensor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back