Vaillant ecotec boiler settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a new Vaillant ecotec 28 boiler recently fitted, there is a few issues with it I need advice on, first issue is the pump noise, it seems to be on full speed, heating temperature set on the boiler is max at 75c, the installer left it like that, no explanations of how the darn thing worked or how to adjust any user settings and despite his assurance that the pump noise is normal I was not happy with it, its rather loud compared to my old non condensing boiler, considering its in a cupboard upstairs.

So I did some reading about the boiler temps and have reduced the temperature to 65c, the pumps now pretty quiet thankfully, but I would like to know if reducing the boiler temperature is the correct thing to do to reduce the pump noise ?

Second issue is, originally, many years ago this property had a boiler replaced and I am presuming the flow and return on the original boiler was the reverse of the replacement, so when the new ecotech went in the installer just followed the original layout and the flow and return are still reversed, luckily we have pegler 2 TRV's that I think are bidirectional, so to balance the radiators, I used the lockshield to reduce the flow to some rads and obtained a reasonable balance around the house, not ideal but its what I have, would there be any issues leaving the new boiler flow and return as it is, reversed or would it be better to have it swapped ?

Not using a valliant thermostat, using a ESI wireless one that I fitted myself, trying to work out if its worth while having TPI on or just use optimisation, that's an ongoing experiment :)

If you got this far, thanks for reading !

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back