Vaillant Ecotec cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler was switching itself off and that turned out to be because the pressure was too low. Pressure now ok but it is still switching itself off - no error codes just S7 & S8.
Turn it on and it works ok until it turns itself off
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
S7 & 8 are status codes for pump overun and anti cycling mode this is normal operation when boiler has reached set flow temp it will fire again when ist called for

Thanks spudkey but it has turned itself off so it won't fire up. It's exactly as for the automatic shut off when there isn't enough pressure except there is pressure.

How long have you left it to see what it does next?

Exactly what codes and when are they being displayed?

The pump over run can be up to 60 minutes!

The anti cycle delay can be set up to 60 minutes!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony

I'm not sure - I will sit and watch it this evening and post a reply either later or tomorrow. Please keep a look out as would appreciate any thoughts.

Check what figure you have in 'd1'.

This is how long the pump over run is set for.

Factory setting is 5 mins, usually it is better to set it to 8.

Ok i will check that - that is for the water pump isn't it?
Not sure how these things work (guess that is why I am asking here) so no idea why that would make it turn off but I can check.

Anything else i should look at when i go to check tonight?

I now have better information. There is an error code f32 and two icons in the display one that looks like a house with an arrow coming out of it and a second that looks like a hairdryer. Any advice please?

The F32 is a fan speed fault code and would usually be a serious malfunction hopefully only occuring during the warrantee.

The house with an arrow coming out might mean that Hamas are launching rockets from your house.

The Hairdryer probably means that the boiler has got wet and you need to dry it.

Perhaps Dave will be able to offer some alternative interpretations.

Tony

Thanks.am not sure about your interpretation of the symbols but you could be right!
Think I need a plumber don't I, was hoping for something trivial no such luck.

I will wait until Dave comments but with that fault code it may be more economical to use a fixed price repair arrangement from BG etc.

The last time I fixed a modern Vaillant that needed a new fan that was about £263 !

Tony

Check what figure you have in 'd1'.

This is how long the pump over run is set for.

Factory setting is 5 mins, usually it is better to set it to 8.

Sorry to but in but will it be okay set at 10, I just checked ours and it is set at 10.

d1=8 or d1=10 are both fine!

Lets wait for Dave the gas!

Tony

d32 is a faulty fan/loose connection on fan harness. If any water has got near the fan (from a leaking flue for example or backed up condensate) then this will kill it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back