Vaillant EcoTEC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Vaillant EcoTEC in our loft.

Any reason not to leave it on as normal but with the mains water turned off while we go away for 2 weeks this winter?

In previous houses I've turned water & boiler off, but this one is in the loft and, I understand, starts itself up to protect itself from freezing when it gets cold.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Yeah, that should be fine. Power on, Mains water off so it can frost protect itself whilst you're away.
Does it have Vaillant controls or Other?

Sponsored Links
Not only turn mains water off where it comes into the house but ALSO turn on and LEAVE on the hot and cold water in the kitchen!

That ensures the water pipes are empty and drained in case anything should go wrong.

I recommend leaving CH on 24/7 but with the room thermostat set at about 5 C.

Tony

Nah.. I just got wheels fitted to my Zimmer..:cool:

Age have no relevance here Bunnyman...
And I truly believe in that you can't put a price on proper Professional experience..

oh bunnyman a new old engineer here that may be too hot to handle!!

As above for the op when isolating the water leave at least one of each tap open to allow for any remaining water the space to expand and contract

We always suggest 14 degrees is best to leave the CH set to when away.

Have started programming our Honeywell's so that the system can never be less than 12 unless the main power is left off.

Yep 14-16c when going away , 5c could cause issues with pipes freezing in loft space even when hatch removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back