Vaillant Ecotec cutting out

d32 is a faulty fan/loose connection on fan harness. If any water has got near the fan (from a leaking flue for example or backed up condensate) then this will kill it.

I would personally go for the backed up condensate.

Worst one I've had had filledthe fan, indeed half of the boiler case. When I took the front case off it was like the dambusters had just visited :eek:

Sponsored Links
Bit lost so what do I need to do?
The boiler still works it just switches off is that good or bad?

If you are able to, you can check the condensate trap and drain.

If that does not find a problem then you need a boiler engineer.

If the fan needs replacing you need a fixed price repair ( as you would pay more for an independent as we are stung for high prices on those fans ).

Tony

Do you mean that the condensate trap might be too full as I understand it has to have some water in it.

I think I need to get somebody out - when you say fixed price is that going to someone like BG or Plumbforce? Or do I go direct to Vaillant?

thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links
I have done some research and I see now what is being talked about BG do a fixed price come and fix it.

I will see if I can do something with the condensate trap but still not sure how that is giving me the error I am getting (but as you can tell i don't know a lot about boilers)

The condensate is the first and simple thing to check.

Yours may well be condensate related if the boiler runs for a short while like 15-30 minutes before faulting.

However, the fans themselves usually either work or are failed so an intermittent fan is not so common although I have encountered one but that turned out to still be under the warrantee.

My dilemma in these cases is should I go if a customer calls me because a failed fan will be cheaper via BG etc. However, if it were a simple condensate related then my charge would be less than half! I am often chosen because I can come the same day whereas BG often have a 2-3 day visit wait in the winter.

Tony

OK to check I have found the instructions and the condensate is on the underside of the boiler - the instructions then start talking about the condensate siphon and that you turn the bayonet catch anticlockwise fill with water and then replace.
Is the siphon the same as the trap?
And I am expecting not to have to refill it but that water will come out.
But I have to ensure I leave water in it when I replace.

Sounds ok

Yes.

Its better to refill it when you refit but even if you dont then it will fill up on its own ( particularly if you run the water at minimum temperature. )

Pour a good jug of water down the condensate drain to ensure the pipe is free of blockages.

If its fine then an engineer is likely to be the next call!

Tony

I would doubt very much that you will find more than a few particles of carp in the condensate trap.

You may have the trap 'stained' like a tea colour. If there is a condensate problem it will be further down the condensate pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back