Vaillant Ecotec plus 418 - why constant F23 fault?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant Ecotec plus 418 - why constant F23 fault?

I had this boiler installed two and a half years ago. It was working fine until last Sunday when it all shut down, no HW or CH and displayed the F23 “System shut down Temperature spread too large” fault. Plumber came and replaced the pump. All OK except the main downstairs rad was cold. Plumber returned and flushed the radiator and rebalanced rads I think. He said the system was clean and there was no air. All fine for 24-hours then when the boiler came on this afternoon it only stayed on for 10 minutes, then everything went quiet and it is now displaying the same F23 fault code. Does anybody know why this has happened a second time, given the pump was replaced?

Sponsored Links
Does the pump have a number of speed settings and if so which is it set to.
I have to run my own Vaillant on the highest setting in order to avoid similar problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back