Vaillant Ecotec plus 428 SFh CODE??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed a Ecotec Plus 428 ,did the adjustment for LPG and when trying to get it tested on the gas analyser pressed plus and minus but all I get is the SFh flashing, No P1 for high fire so I can test it although it seems to be running just fine on low and high fire as I tested as it ramped up and then slowed to low. It just wont come off low when asked by heat or hot water as a result heat up time is painfully slow.
Cant find the explanation for this code........... any clues?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
As you should be CORGI registered can I suggest you repost this in the Combustion Chamber where we can more safely assist you.

If you are not registered for the CC then give all your CORGI details to [email protected] who will register you.

Tony

SFh is maximum output at whatever the boiler is range rated to.

You need to set it for P1 then the offset at P2 with the boiler set at maximum output.

As tony says, post in the CC for precise answers.

Never installed one of these yet that are set correct from the factory for NG, let alone converting to LPG :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thankyou fellas , problem sorted after deciphering a misprint in the manual!! It is indeed Service for heating i.e test program for gas analysis, the LPG conversion is very simple but when you get codes that are not listed you naturally think what the h*** have I touched??
Boiler running perfectly, will send you my details as could always use a wee bit technical knowhow like us all.......... cant know it all!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back