Vaillant ecotec plus 438 droning vibration noises

Adjusting the throttle anti-clockwise will achieve what exactly??...adjustment of offset clockwise will achieve what?
Would the offset be adjusted for P.1 or P.2?

Sponsored Links
I get it...you guys think I am trying to do this myself. And I am NOT. I am simply trying to find information I can give my RGI engineer. Alternatively if anyone on here can get to me in Watford and do the settings needed as part of a boiler service, that would be fine too.

That is brilliant. How do we make contact to take this forward. I can't access your profile page to send you a message.

Sponsored Links
Yeh fair enough steelmasons (y), I was just saying what I got told on a Vaillant installer Corse but I think that was more for commisioning, I didn't want to give any numbers and values as it was my first post and not sure on the rules on giving out advice on gas related problems :D

Quite simply, we are not permitted to give ANY advice relating to DIY gas work.

If you are posting on the forum then you are deemed to have read the forum rules! There is a special section for RGIs only.

Tony

A nice RGI came around yesterday and serviced the boiler. Tested the combustion settings and amended them for both high and low boiler settings. He was quite complimentary of the system and the way it had been installed. This was quite refreshing and encouraging too because all other service engineers always had something negative to say.

Few things I learnt : A 438 is a 438 no matter what the heat output is set to. Also on P1 the boiler will operate at the maximum heat output, even if was ramped down. The previous advice given by Vaillant was incorrect, the CO2% reading should be the same for both P1 and P2.

My boiler is installed in the loft and is so quiet when it works well. What luck I can monitor it remotely. But because I have Opentherm installed on the boiler it modulates the Target flow down a fair bit, which is why I needed the droning sound on low burner fixed.

The 2017 service is now done. I'm enjoying the Sound of Silence.

There are several things that I am monitoring. The actual boiler stats are monitored via the boiler eBUS, via an interface that I built myself. Currently I monitor flow, return, target flow temp, flame status and boiler trigger. The actual heat demands are measured by sniffing the Evohome system again via a self built interface. These tell me room temperatures, set points and heat demand and ofcourse the consolidated heat demand sent by Evohome to the Opentherm bridge. The OT bridge in turn connects to the boiler via an eBUS interface, used to alter Target Flow temperature (D.9). Much much better than the silly Vaillant ebus controls that simply do external weather compensation.

Interesting stuff.

Can you see what is specifically calling for heat on the Evohome? I have something here that monitors the Opentherm, but I can't see the some vital information such as the setpoint Evo is calling for, and what zone/sensor etc is calling the boiler on during marginal loads.

Is this gadgetry you have easily duplicated - perhaps for a reward of some kind?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back