Vaillant ecoTec Plus 615 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys i was reading through some of your posts and you seem to know alot about these boilers ive got a ecotec plus 615 all was working fine until today we had a power cut which lasted for about an hour when all was back on the boiler fired up fine i had to reset the timers and so on the boiler ran for about an hour then switched off i went up to press the override and nothing happened i went down to the boiler and the H/W was fine but no C/H i pressed the i button and its given me the s.30 code and now the heating wont come on if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated
many thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
Double check your central heating control.

S30 means that no demand from external controls.

What programmer is it?

Graham

Double check your central heating control.

S30 means that no demand from external controls.

What programmer is it?

Graham

thank you Graham for your reply ive checked the the controller and all seems fine there i came down this morning and the boiler has sprung in to life again its now showing the little rad sign on the display but this flashes every now and again but im still not getting any hot water to the rads

sorry to sound stupid here but i dont no what you mean by what programmer is it?

thanks again
Mike

Sponsored Links
The 615 is a heat only boiler.

These are ( normally ) installed with a programmer where you can set the times for heating and hot water.

That may need the power disconnecting for a minute as they sometimes get upset when they suddenly lose power.

I went to a boiler repair on monday and whenb I arrived there was a power cut but it came back on before I had finished.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back