VAILLANT ECOTEC PLUS 824

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a VAILLANT ECOTEC PLUS 824 boiler. We recently had some work done on the bathroom and shower and have now been experiencing some issues wit hthe bolier. Every morning the pressure gauge is on empty, Grey all the way back. I have to fil up the water to get the heating working.
I fill up midway through the grey section on the pressure gauge, however within 5 mins of the heating firing up the pressure gauge is on red. I then have to take some water out to get it back to grey.
Problem being when the heatingis off at night I have to go through this same process every day.
How do I keep the pressure from falling to 0???

Sponsored Links
find the leak and fix it.

if you had a new rad did the 'plumber' drain the boiler via the PRV at the boiler?

Look in the FAQ re expansion vessel

However your expansion vessel is inside the boiler so shouldn't be attempted by yourself. It will be a cheap repair but in the long term I generally recommend a new vessel.

Do you have many radiators? The internal vessels are often undersized

Sponsored Links
I cannot see any leaks. Will try calling a plumber to see if they can fix the problem.

dont bother with a plumber, they fix pipes and toilets. you need a boiler/heating engineer that is gassafe registered and qualified to work on boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back