Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 Combi - Vibrating Noise from DHW

If you have correctly mortared the flue to the wall then I dont see why you then fit the rubber gasket. When I see that it makes me thing that its a cowboy installation that has not been mortared!

I always use the rubber shroud when supplied by manu , does this mean my making good is crap? , i would imagine you say these things to deliberately get up members noses ............. the shroud makes for a neat job.............i notice you NEVER post back on a thread when you're questioned or made to look a fool (often) ..............irritating person you are,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sponsored Links
I am sorry that you think that way!

If the flue has been correctly sealed with mortar, as it should be, then the rubber gasket has no use!

My view is that its simpler and neater and less obtrusive to leave it like that.

As you apparently think its better to fit it when it serves no purpose then why do you think it looks better?

Perhaps a nice pink ribbon bow would look even better?

I am sorry that you think that way!

If the flue has been correctly sealed with mortar, as it should be, then the rubber gasket has no use!

I suggest you 'find out' the reason why these are supplied & fitted.........& when you educate yourself on the reason why these are used my guess is you won't reply back. :p

u sound like guy who is smart and clever an knows much about rubber gaskets driling srewing analysing what an interesting person you are.

making comments on a fellow engineers job saying sounds like a cowboy install thats not nice is it,I am glad most of the comments from other guys has been helpful and made in good spirit.

what a shame

Sponsored Links
If the Vaillant instructions stated that a pink bow is required, we would fit one.

As it is, the instructions ask for the rubber finisher and for the flue sections to be self tapped together. So that is how we do it.

I am glad the OP has got his ecoTEC quieter, I am pleased I was on the right track :D

Manufactures would'nt supply these weather collars if it was'nt necessary............some manufactures are happy for the flue terminal not to be made good (external) so supply these to enable the installer to push horizontal flue pipe through the wall & pull back against the collar , the other reason for supplying these is to stop any water (rain) running back onto wall surface due to the fact these condensing flues are installed with a slight gradient , not a big deal but if it's supplied why not fit it?

I fit Baxi solo's, they come with a nice brown metal ring, if the hole is neat I use brown mastic to seal the pipe to the brickwork, then fit the ring and mastic that in place as well, gives a nice looking secure finish and weather proof, if flue comes with a rubber seal I cement in place and fit rubber seal to give neat finish, some cowboys cant be arsed and throw them away. :rolleyes:

Hi, looking for some help/ideas re the above boiler which I installed last summer. Called out by the customer today, when DHW is drawn off the boiler starts to make a vibrating sound which seems to be coming from the combustion chamber area, not the plate heat exchanger area. Noise only occurs when under full load, reduce water temp to say 50c and all quiet, when supplying just the central heating similarly all quiet. Takes around 20 seconds for the noise to build up after a hot tap is opened. Full pressure flush undertaken on install and magnaclean fitted too. Is in a hard water area but wouldnt expect problems within 6 months. Pressures all look good. Searched the forums and cant see any similar reports. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks

Simon
Hi Simon, got kind of same problem here. How did you fix it at that time?

Been able to record and put on YouTube

Thanks for your help in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back