Vaillant ecotec plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Recently had a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 418 installed.
Can anyone recommend a temperature to set the heating to on the boiler controls. It allows for temperatures up to 75 degrees.

I used to run my old baxi solo at the highest setting. I also have a couple of rads that are probably undersized for the rooms, so need to get around to changing them, but not this year...

I was planning to run at about 70 but grateful for any advice.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Anything above 60c on the Central Heating dial. I normally set them around 65' you can ramp it up in the winter if you feel it's not hot enough.

The Hot water dial is redundant if you haven't already been told :)

If there's children around you don't want the radiators screaming hot tho, 70+ is going to give a nasty shock.

Thanks, sounds like somewhere around 65-70 then. Will stick it on 65 and see how it goes..

Was advised to disregard the top (hot water) dial as suggested and have done so far. Thanks again.

You should put it as low as you can that gets the rooms hot enough.

That will make it more efficient.

You can always turn it up if the weather is particularly cold but do turn it up later.

The installer is meant to explain all this to you! Did they speak English?

Or was it all installed in three hours?

Tony

Sponsored Links
You should put it as low as you can that gets the rooms hot enough.

That will make it more efficient.

You can always turn it up if the weather is particularly cold but do turn it up later.

The installer is meant to explain all this to you! Did they speak English?

Or was it all installed in three hours?

Tony

Yeah they spoke English but explained it all to the wife. I therefore had to try and make sense of her relaying the instructions when I got back from work .....to very limited avail!

Thanks for the advice, will see how it goes.

Dont worry there are people who can install a heat only boiler in three hours on grant Something which will take Agile two days and so he will make his little comments

Glad it was explained to you by the Installer and wow he spoke English must have been a bonus :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah they spoke English but explained it all to the wife. I therefore had to try and make sense of her relaying the instructions when I got back from work .....to very limited avail! .

Universal constant that one I am afraid bud. Got to teach mine to use the new washing machine. 3rd one in 8 years. I keep buying bigger ones. She still stuffs more into them. You'd think she would take the hint.

This time I am going to shove her head in with a load of dirty laundry. If it hits the back she is good to go. If she comes out with a mouthful of my work socks then she will need to try again. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back