VAILLANT ECOTEC PLUS F22

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lost about a pint of water through loose radiator connection. Now error F22 but have no tap heads underneath to refill (there are valves on flow/return which can be turned with pliers but am unsure whether to turn these). I read the following on forum:

'Ecotec plus range needs the boiler/pcb to purge the system/heat exchanger of air by setting 'P 0' on turn on. Failure to do this could end up with an F76 fault and the only way out of this is a new primary heat exchanger'

and would like to know how i then set P 0 on turn on.

Hope someone can help... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
you need to repressurise your boiler before you do anything else, there are two grey knobs underneath your boiler, open them and you will see/hear your boiler fill by the pressure guage, when you get to 1 bar ,(the needle should be about the 9 o,clock position) turn the knobs back where they were, you shouldent need to do anything else.

there are valves on flow/return which can be turned with pliers but nothing that i can turn on by hand. is it these valves that i should turn??

you have to stick your head right under the boiler, you will see the grey handles(they look like a small T ) I will see if I can find a picture of them.

Sponsored Links
all i know is that it is a valiant ecotec plus 637 R1 condensing system boiler. the diagram shown doesn't match my boiler (i have fewer pipes.) and there are certainly no grey valves for manual turning

i'm housesitting for parents....i'll have to contact them......thanks for your help

Try looking in the airing cupboard next to the hot water cylinder.

There may even be another pressure gauge with it as well.

you need to repressurise your boiler before you do anything else, there are two grey knobs underneath your boiler, open them and you will see/hear your boiler fill by the pressure guage, when you get to 1 bar ,(the needle should be about the 9 o,clock position) turn the knobs back where they were, you shouldent need to do anything else.

Christmas Eve 5am...Woken by my better half to be told "boiler not working"..."panic".... realised there was no pressure.....I searched through my instructions but was unable to find out how to manually increase the pressure, so I "googled it"....and got your answer....

Thanks very much.....I will keep an eye on it, to see if it drops......I became a member after reading your post......so if you have a "referal system"....its one for you.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back