Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28, new pump fitted, now boiler won't turn on

And I take on board what you're saying and appreciate the concern. By no way am I saying I know as well as anybody or that my experience elsewhere means I am completely competent. But there are always mitigating circumstances that mean sometimes I just have to take it on. It's always a learning process, and if there's no advice further to this, then I will be calling out an engineer today.

Sponsored Links
If you look next to the ignition transformer you'll see the position for relay K102...this is fitted for the 2 speed ecotec Plus models although I think it's now fitted to all the boards to rationalise stock levels.
However the link wire W100 is fitted and AFAIR that should allow a 5 speed pump to be substituted and run at the high speed setting.

You may have just been unlucky..these pcbs die for fun. Any problem with the pump relays or pump itself should only blow the fuse and in that case you would loose all power.

Gasguru, thank you for taking the time to reply.

So it looks like it should be able to cope with the 5 wired pump and has the appropriate circuitry, meaning the pump supplied is fine. That clears that up say least.

Now I'll have to figure out a way forward as to why it's not firing up.

Thank you so much, to everyone for their views and replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back