Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 - Where is my filling loop?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an F.22 code on my boiler, (A Vallian Ecotec) and a pressure of 0.6. (I know it's supposed to switch off at 0.5, but here we are!)
I'm not sure where my filling loop is. All the pics I've found online show it as part of the boiler, but mine has no valves there.
I have a TF1 filter installed, and I can see a single other valve connected to a hose, which I think I can trace back to what I'm told may be the cold water pipe... So I'm wondering if the filter valve forms part of the filling loop somehow?

Can anyone point me in the right direction and help me get warm, without blowing anything up? How bad would it be if I opened the wrong valve??

1678306166595.png

1678306215505.png

1678306237661.png

1678306278058.png

Sponsored Links
I can see a single other valve connected to a hose,
There are black valve handles either end of the hose, they will both need to be opened. Once you've opened one, turn the other on gradually.
When topped up, make sure you turn them both off again! :)

Edit: sorry, I was confused by the photo - there is only one black valve handle, and this is what needs to be turned.

Reactions: CBW
There are black valve handles either end of the hose, they will both need to be opened.
You sure about that mate, I only see one black handle.

@simiane, @RandomGrinch is correct as in that is your hose and filling loop, but just turn slowly and carefully the black handle until you hear the water enter the system. Approx 1.3 upwards, but less than 2.5 is where you want to be. Turning it off obviously.

Thanks for the response... just to be clear, in my case I don't have two valves... and that's just fine? ;)

Sponsored Links
You sure about that mate, I only see one black handle.

@simiane, @RandomGrinch is correct as in that is your hose and filling loop, but just turn slowly and carefully the black handle until you hear the water enter the system. Approx 1.3 upwards, but less than 2.5 is where you want to be.
I had edited - when I saw the last and second last pics, ithe orientation made me think they were different ends of the hose! :oops:

and that's just fine?
Yup! Turn it on and be warm! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back