Vaillant Ecotec pro pump failure

You need to check the shaft is turning when the system is filled and powered.

The vaillant badged pump is usually a Grunfoss.

To check the capacitor you need to measure the value on a meter, usually 2.6 µF.

But see the FAQ on this site for the "finger test" on the pump.

Tony

Sponsored Links
How do I check the shaft when the system is filled? when I undo the front screw it releases the water

You manage the water for a few seconds with a cloth or towel.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi all, it seems our Ecotec Pro's pump has expired. Funny as its only appox 3 and a half years old! After getting in the shower, and turning it on, I got no hot water, so off up into the loft I went. Took the cover off, fired up the water to hear the pump making a noise like it was chewing itself! So after having a read up on this post, I've noted that its a Vaillant badged pump, which looks alot like the Grundfos in the old boiler, only the head on the Vaillant is silver and not red. I'm just not sure of the exact head to buy, as there does not seem to be any part numbers for comparison!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jez

The pump in your boiler is a Wilo, Vaillant now fit a grundfos version -Part number 178983 costing about £90

Easy job, check the AAV and water quality as this may have taken your pump out. But then again 3 1/2 years for a Wilo ain't bad.

Cheers

PS your pressure sensor may be faulty and has a llowed the pump to run dry (0020059717) check it reads less than 0.2 when the system is drained.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back