Vaillant Ecotec Pro24 resetting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

random of random questions, but I'll explain why in a mo.

Lets say I have a fault code (F.28 ignition for example). If I switch off the mains to my boiler, will it have the same effect as pressing the reset button to clear the fault?

I'm asking because we're about to rent our flat out, and it's an absolute pain in the arse to get to the boiler, as it's located in the attic. So if the tenant can try switching off and on at the mains instead of going into the loft to clear say, a simple ignition fault, that will make life a lot easier for us both!

Cheers

Kris

Sponsored Links
Some faults reset with mains off.

Others dont.

There is no such thing as a "simple ignition failure".

Any ignition failure is as a result of a fault!

I do hope you have a Gas Safety Certificate, Electrical Certificate, EPC and lastly you will be placing the deposit in the correct place?

Tony

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Not that it's anything to do with my question.

There is such thing as a "simple ignition fault", if you know what the cause was. In this case the gas meter had ran out (so shut off) while we were away and so the fault was raised on the boiler (f.28 - failed to start...). My query was that should the boiler have this fault in the future (if the gas supply is cut off again i.e tenant forgets to top it up), would it be resettable without having to access the boiler.

Thanks.

Agile is right

More importantly, make the access not such a pain. Service guys will not work on a boiler in a loft unless there is a proper loft ladder, it is boarded around and to the boiler, and is properly lit.

Sponsored Links
Why dont you try recreating the fault (shut off gas and run boiler) then see if a power on/off clears it?

Thanks for the input guys. I had planned to board it/install lights over the coming days before leaving, and have since found that the regulations also require that I have a fixed ladder in place, so looks like I have a busy saturday planned out!

I tried reproducing the fault this morning by turning the mains off, running water a couple of times, and then switched back on after 5 minutes, the fault does not clear.

Thanks for the help

Kris

You say that you have a Gas Safety Certificate!

Most genuine gas engineers would not issue one for a loft installation which blatently does not have the required ladder, lights and floor.

Did you buy a dodgy cert in the pub?

Tony

Whole system was installed in January with certificate.

Strangely, as I am not a Gas Engineer, I didn't realise what the requirements for access were :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back