Vaillant Ecotec S.07 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I just moved into my new property
And found a problem with the Ecotec boiler.
HW works fine. But he central heating keeps going into cycles of the below:

1) burner starts and stays on few minutes
2) radiators that are close start getting warm. Ones further away has no change.
3) burner stops radiator logo flashing and pressing the info button it produces s.07

If I hit reset then the burner could come on for a few seconds before shutting down to s.07

If I leave it as is, the burner switches itself back on after a while an follows the above steps over and over again.

I have had a plumber release the air from all radiators and the boiler as well as flushing the system manually without using a jet.

Any ideas what could be causing this as the radiators never end up getting hot before it gets shut down.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could also need the setting of d0 lowered to better suit the property.

Perhaps set d0 to the number of rads that you have using the +/- buttons and then save by pressing the "i" button.

Tony

HI

Sorry my boiler is actually a vaillant ecotec plus 418.

How do i check for D40 + D41?

I akready ran a P0 to ensure everything is bled properly.

I also used a hosepipe to do an extra push from the header tank today and opened up the ext exit pipes. Still no luck.

Sponsored Links
Could also need the setting of d0 lowered to better suit the property.

Perhaps set d0 to the number of rads that you have using the +/- buttons and then save by pressing the "i" button.

Tony

Hi Tony

How do i adjust D0?

Thanks

It's all in the manual.

Thanks Dan, will take alook tonight and revert back with the readings.

Another plumber saying i may require a 2nd power clean :cry:

Whereas another saying boiler is blocked and needs a full cleanout

Have these plumbers been round or just told you this over the phone?

Have these plumbers been round or just told you this over the phone?

Over the phone.

My first plumber that came round to do work left saying "I dont know what else to do". thats after a power flush, full cleanout and a lot of work. And he even called valliant support team for help

Hmme.....

Perhaps he was not a boiler engineer?

Probably just a plumber?

Tony

Wiring fault or plumber may have tempered with fan speed (dependant on skill) and turned it up instead of down. Fan speed settings are back to front, up is down, down is up. I had a vaillant engineer do this to me.

IMO respectively.

I'd be looking at the pump first off. Check if the impeller is clear of debris and it is set to its highest speed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back