Vaillant Ecotec S.07 code

Sponsored Links
He seems a little confused.

Better that only genuine boiler engineers try to give advice on boilers!

Tony

So likely to be a boiler issue rather than general house plumbing?

Any recommendations to a good boiler engineer in the Guildford, Surrey area?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd be looking at the pump first off. Check if the impeller is clear of debris and it is set to its highest speed.

Had a look at the external red pump. It is set to the 3rd setting. How do i check for debris? I undid the screw in the middle to bleed and that was it?

Have you checked the feed tank in the loft. When you turn the dial on the front does the temp move?

Nathan

Well first check the knob hasn't snapped Turn knob up does the display temp change ? Fire the boiler oes temp on display rise quickly ??

Have you checked the feed tank in the loft. When you turn the dial on the front does the temp move?

Nathan

Hiya

Yeap had the header tank cleaned out.

When movin the dials at the front of the boiler the temp does move.

Thx

Dan_Robinson Agile: Sorry guys, fan speed was a little far fetched, hadn't realised that Vaillant had not attended.

I don't know if I'm messing with forum royalty(?), but so far, Dan has suggested the by-pass, not bad.

Agile pops in with the D.0, presume he knows size of property. Changing the kw output wouldn't do anything in this situation, the water is clearly going nowhere. Nice try.

Wiring fault. Hence asking for controls used?

I don't know about royalty; but we know a hell of a lot more about boilers than you if you have managed to conflate the Pump Overrun Status code with fan speeds and wiring fault - based on a recollection from a Group Service visit.

D.0 seems about right.

Having it set too high can mean the boiler runs to hard shuts down and sits on S.07 until it times out and starts again.

Having a poorly adjusted by-pass - especially on a 4 series - or a guffed pump impellor will cause similar issues.

Wiring fault would be way down on the list of likely problems based on the information given.

I don't know about royalty; but we know a hell of a lot more about boilers than you if you have managed to conflate the Pump Overrun Status code with fan speeds and wiring fault - based on a recollection from a Group Service visit.

D.0 seems about right.

Having it set too high can mean the boiler runs to hard shuts down and sits on S.07 until it times out and starts again.

Having a poorly adjusted by-pass - especially on a 4 series - or a guffed pump impellor will cause similar issues.

Wiring fault would be way down on the list of likely problems based on the information given.

Hi Dan

Thanks for the info. What do you recommend at this stage?

Thanks

To carry on we need to answer Emerlloyd's good question from page 1.

What controls have been used? More specifically the posher of Vaillants in house stuff. If you have a weather sensor fitted then the boiler will not run very hot in heating mode. Mine is programmed not to fire the burner when the outside temperature is above 20 degrees. It is then on a gradual slope to a flow temp of 55 degrees at -3 outside.

Have you checked the pump?

Have you checked your by-pass valve?

Make sure the pump is a 6 metre head unit and that the service valves are fully open.

It is unlikely that the fan speed is an issue ;).

To carry on we need to answer Emerlloyd's good question from page 1.

What controls have been used? More specifically the posher of Vaillants in house stuff. If you have a weather sensor fitted then the boiler will not run very hot in heating mode. Mine is programmed not to fire the burner when the outside temperature is above 20 degrees. It is then on a gradual slope to a flow temp of 55 degrees at -3 outside.

Have you checked the pump?

Have you checked your by-pass valve?

Make sure the pump is a 6 metre head unit and that the service valves are fully open.

It is unlikely that the fan speed is an issue ;).

Hi Dan

Thanks for the reply once again.

I don't believe it has a weather sensor. Where would I be able to check this?

Pump seems to be working, I opened up the large screw in the middle to bleed and see the pump spinning and water came out.

Not sure what the bypass valve is. Any clues?

Pump valves are open as I turned them to ensure all good

Thx

Upload a picture of the gubbins in your airing cupboard or where the pump is.

A bypass links the flow and return pipe. Should be set to be open only when all the rads are off and/or the motorised valves have shut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back