Vaillant Ecotech problem?

The system needs to be clean and wired properly
if the pump is not wired back to hhe boiler it probably doesn't have a pump overrun which can cause issues with The heat exchanger.

Have you had anyone out to look at it yet

No, no-one has had a look yet, was just asking on here first to see what you all thought, but I'll definitely get someone over asap. If I got someone round to do a service would that pick up the problems or does the service just look at a set list of things and they don't really investigate anything else, if you know what I mean?

In terms of the wiring, there is a timer up by the hot water cylinder that you set the heating/water times for the boiler to come on, is that what you are on about?

Sponsored Links
Well, probably the most important factor is..... Boiler manufacturers assume the boiler will be fitted to a high specification, and the emphasis or obligation is on the installer to carry out the installation to suit the requirements of the boiler.... which, unfortunately, is not always the case.
Also, cost is a major factor, and good advice is often ignored by consumers. Again, because of the lack of confidence consumers have with our industry, due to unscrupulous plumbers (or should I say, 'so called' plumbers), and heating companies.
And we know who they are... don't we 1985? Decent plumbers, heating, and gas engineers are battling against these trends and companies everyday..
And we're losing!
Why? because quality comes at a premium. But how does a consumer know what they're getting? Nightmare..

Tell you what 3489,
If you're within 15-20 miles of Dartford, either myself, or one of the boys will have a look for free..
It will however cost you a minimum of 2 mugs of coffee (splash of milk 1 sugar) and possibly a side snack..
We won't fix it, but we'll give you a fairly accurate diagnosis.
I have an engineer in Stanford le Hope..
If you get in real trouble, let me know...
Good luck..

Business must be slow at the moment wanting to give free diagnosis! I always charge for that!

To make matters worse the OP seems to want to get a repair for the price of a service.

Thats one reason why I always do a service at least seven days later that when I am called.

Tony

Sponsored Links
To make matters worse the OP seems to want to get a repair for the price of a service.

Tony

Not at all, the question was if I book it in for a service, which is due soon anyway, would the plumber possibly spot what is wrong during the service and let me know and we go from there, booking it in to get fixed etc, or should I get someone out to specifically look for the possible problem? As I asked earlier I don't know if on a service a plumber just follows some sort of checklist and if they're all fine that's the service done, or would a comprehensive service spot any potential or current problems.

Hope that's cleared that up

Indeed Tony.. how many times when you ask if there's anything wrong with the boiler when someones requesting a service, do you get a pause, and a list of faults?
Par for the course..
Yet another consumer laid IED to diffuse..
Maybe we have enough business to be able to afford to help genuine people out from time to time?

One lady called for a service ( £55 ) and I gave her a date a week later as she said it was working fine.

She called back an hour later to say the boiler had unexpectedly gone wrong and could I come for a repair that afternoon ( £84 )!

Vaillantmark, cheers for the offer, appreciate it, I live in Colchester though, so to far away. I'll get someone from around here to come and have a look, hopefully it's nothing major, it's coming into summer anyway so there's no rush I suppose :D

Ha-ha..
In this economic climate, I spend most of my time trying to dodge the stray bullets, and friendly fire, than mending boilers!
Never believe a word they say..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back