vaillant opinion on 1m copper from boiler

What kind of cowboy connects plastic straight to the boiler anyway? It looks horrific. I've got nothing against plastic and use and promote it myself, but where it's visible it looks rubbish.

Sponsored Links
fit loads of vaillants and im sure it says in the mi that the first 2m from boiler is to be copper

Sponsored Links
fit loads of vaillants and im sure it says in the mi that the first 2m from boiler is to be copper

I have a copy of the MI for the Vaillant Erotic Plus 824 and its nowhere in there!

Tony

you can only use plastic on some boilers. Vaillant say you can do it with thirs because it has some kind of limit stat, copper heat exchanger. Polypipe and speedfit stat you can use the plastic if it is 350mm from heat exchanger
OK... i have no idea if this 1m rule is enforceable or not ...

last time i was at heatlines HQ in bedford (before valliant told them to get stuffed) i was told they must be 1 meter of copper before it goes to plastic(for heatline boilers at least)

but.. i don't think it tells you that in the manual... :rolleyes: now valliant are in charge it could be all changed

also we are all forgetting the other side of this...what does hep and Mr guest think about putting plastic pipe straight on to a boiler? they may have a say too

What kind of cowboy connects plastic straight to the boiler anyway? It looks horrific. I've got nothing against plastic and use and promote it myself, but where it's visible it looks rubbish.

I rather like the 'modern' look of grey Polyplumb pipe. Better than old 1960's tarnished copper pipe, all green with flux and old solder blobs...

I rather like the 'modern' look of grey Polyplumb pipe. Better than old 1960's tarnished copper pipe, all green with flux and old solder blobs...
I prefer the look of copper. When it's installed with care and pride, there are no snots, blobs, or flux stains.

I prefer the look of copper. When it's installed with care and pride, there are no snots, blobs, or flux stains.

Couldn't agree more. When I had an apprentice, if any joints were not clean and to my liking it would be another hefty kick up the ar*e :rolleyes: :LOL:

I'm still expecting a retraction from dangermouse46.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back