Vaillant system boiler 612 requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering getting a Vaillant system boiler 612 and am seeking some info on gas pressures & hot water system
Can some one tell me what gas pressures is required:-
1. at the gas meter minmum
2. at the boiler minimum
3. what gas pressure drop is allowed for boiler to be operational
4. I understand the gas pipe diameter from meter to the boiler is 22 mm.Is this sufficient to operate the boiler
5. On hot water supply, I wish to retain hot water cylinder which is fed by water tank.
6. I have 6 radiators ( about 5ft x 2ft) . Would 612 boiler be adequate.
Comments from pros very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Views from pros very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
That boiler is more than adequate in terms of power output.

All the gas related questions should be directed to your CORGI registered installer.

If you were thinking of fitting it yourself without a CORGI then you dont have sufficient knowledge about gas to be able to do it safely otherwise you would not be asking those basic questions.

You could enrole on a gas course at college if you want to learn about gas or just buy a Viper training book, about £30.

Tony

a normal meter will provide 6m3 per hour. your 612 will probably not use more than 2m3 per hour. The boiler should be no less than 18mbr (unless manufacturers instructions say otherwise).
22mm will be sufficient on the gas pipe unless pipe is over 12m in length (allow reduction to the overall length if you have 90 degree bends etc).
viper gas is a great aid but only if you are a qualified acs engineer. 6 rads is okay on this system and the hot water shouldn't be a problem either.
you have to use a 'corgi' registered engineer!

Think you'll find this boiler only needs 1.3m3/hr, so you could go a lot further with the 22mm than 12M.

Sponsored Links
The boiler should be no less than 18mbr (unless manufacturers instructions say otherwise).

Of what use is information like this? If the meter w/p is 21mb then 18mb at the appliance is not acceptable.

To OP, a lot of information has to be used in order to ensure the entire Gas carcass can cope with the demands of all your alliances, some people make it sound easy; which it is if you do it ever day. Id take Agiles advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back