vaillant thermocompact 142 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have currently got a vaillant thermocompact 142 boiler fitted and wish to have it replaced with a similar type of boiler can anyone tell me if my pipework needs to be changed? i currently have 15mm gas feed to the boiler.
just trying to work out if im going to need to save a few more pennies or not.

thanks

sam

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to replace this workhorse of a boiler?

I would think a proper service would be the way forward.

well that was the plan to be fair we have owned the house for 5 years and its never put a foot wrong its just fitted in a bedroom which i dont like so thought we would get a more efficient one. Is this a good boiler then?

Sponsored Links
Its probabvly about 75% efficient and a modern condensing boiler would be over 90%.

Thats only about a 15% improvement but do the sums and there is no financial benefit to you.

Spend half that on improved insulation and you will see a significant return on the expenditure.

Tony

thanks tony like i said before it hasnt played up yet i just thought since it has been here since i moved in it must be pretty old and thought that the new efficient ones would save loads of money but obviously not,we were planning on insulating the loft soon anyway hopefully that is also where we will move the boiler to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back