Vaillant Thermocompact pressure since BG Annual Service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have read the FAQ's, but am a bit puzzled by the pressure readings on our Vaillant ThermoCompact boiler since its annual service by BGas last week. Boiler had been working fine all year.

When I checked the pressure dial a day or so later with the CH going, the needle was pointing to around 2.5 - not the usual 1.5+ I previously used to see when I randomly checked it over the years, giving it the occasional top up via the filling loop when necessary. Now, when the CH & HW is switched off, the needle drops to zero (it normally settled no lower than about 1.0+ when cold).

The whole system is 8 years old, providing central heating and hot water. CH side is sealed (no header tank in loft). Hot water has large loft tank and cylinder in airing cupboard.

He did change a TRV while here, but since his visit the rads have been bled (no air).

- Is there anything that might explain the odd pressure readings after the service?
- Is this anything to worry about, needing BGas to be called back?
- Or will it just settle down on its own?

Any advice/comments would be welcome. Thanks

fmj

Sponsored Links
Expansion vessel requires recharging. You coulddo it yourself but why bother when you pay BG to do it

Thanks for the comment petit_pablo ...... but why would the expansion vessel suddenly need recharging immediately after a BG maintenance visit? It's been working fine all year.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back