Vaillant Thermocompact VC GB 182 EH -wheres the reset button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I have a Vaillant Thermocompact combi boiler (VC GB 182 EH).

Recently the pressure dropped out completely due to a leaky radiator which is now sorted. I have increased the pressure to the normal range (betwen 1 and 1.5 bar), but when I turn the boiler on all it does it click as though it wants to ignite but doesnt light up.

The boiler was installed around 1993, it has had a service every year. Infact it had a service only about 3 months ago and was told its in good shape. I think the safety tripped when the presure got to low, and now it just wont restart.

I cant really afford to pay £200 for someone to come round and press a reset switch (if thats all that needs doing), and would have to go without heating until early next year. So I'm hoping that someone here could please tell me where it is. If you have a diagram or a manual I would be extactic, as it would make it so much quicker and easier for me to sort it.

I have checked the external pipe doent have water coming from it, checked all radiators in my house hold to ensure they are fine, and have checked the fuse for the boiler - all of them are fine. I have also tried turning it off completly and leaving it for 24 hours (what I intended to accomplish with that I dont know, but was hoping it might work :) ), no avail yet.

I have googled for a solution for days, and cant currently find any manuals to download (only the newer versions), so if anyone here could shed some light on this for me I would be deeply appreciative!

Thank you,
Kelly

Sponsored Links
on the right hand side behing the front fascia cover is a rectangular black plastic box with a circular rubber button in the center.

Sponsored Links
Dangermouse and mickyg thank you so much!

The help is truely appreciated, and I'm going to go and do that now.

Thank you again! You are both stars!

Kelly

Edit: Well its stopped clicking which seems to be a good sign - and I can hear the fan, so with any luck your expert help has given me back my heating! Thanks again, much appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back