Vaillant Turbomax 242 - no hot water when tap is on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

I have a vaillant turbomax vuw 242 gas boiler. In the past few weeks the boiler has not been kicking in when you turn on the shower/hot water tap etc.

The boiler doesn't seem to register that the tap is on and it doesn't 'fire up' - hence no hot water. The only way to get hot water is to turn the boiler on manually. This is a bit of a pain, especially if you have a wash on in the washing machine or want to do the dishes etc.

I have a service contract with Vaillant and I got an engineer out on Saturday. He said it was the flow meter and he put a new one in and said that should be it sorted.

But the same thing is happening, the boiler is not firing up when the hot water tap is on.

I am going to have to call the vaillant people again, but before I do - I was hoping someone could give me some ideas as to what else it could be? If he replaced the flow meter what other problems could be causing this?

Everything else is working fine. The heating comes on ok on the timer, its just an issue with the 'automatic' hot water part.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I dont see any point in you asking on here.

He has simply not correctly replaced/set/adjusted the flow switch.

Probably he was in a hurry and did not want to do the job properly.

He needed to replace a larger part which takes me about an hour!

Tony

Thanks - was just wondering if it could be something else causing it - like diverter valve, microswitch or something.

In case he comes again and tries to fob me off with any old nonsense..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back