Vaillant Turbomax 828 ignites but goes out after fan replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is my first post. As normally I manage to find the information I need by searching existing posts. But this one has got me stumped.

Let me explain...

I have a vaillant Turbomax 828E. It was clear to see the fan was stuck. After lubricating it with WD40 it did revive it for a bit but then it would just not spin again.

Now I asked a local tradesmen to replace this for me but I got let down so many times I decided to have a go myself. I got the correct part. and took the old fan out and replaced it with the new fan.

What I did was disconnected the 3 electrical contacts brown blue and earth. take out the blue hose and the clear hose. unscrewed all screws including the on at the top going to the flu. and then replaced with the new part. It all went it just fine. Re did all electric and pipes just as they were and fired up the boiler.

Now the boiler starts up and the fan spins and it goes into its igniting sequence. The flames ignite but the flames seem very unstable and go off in a matter of seconds. This process is redone and the flames will re-ignite but go off after a few seconds again. Then the red light comes on I get either a F.28 or F.29 code.

I thought Id read it can be due to the fan not being replaced properly, which I can beleive as Im no expert. But I cant see where Ive gone wrong. The new fan has gone just like the old.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Fan replacement can be a pain on these even for the experienced.

I don't believe a word you say regarding being let down by others , you are fishing for info , most will know what you have failed to refit and you won't get any help on here.

Call someone who knows what they are doing and stop being a tight azz bastad.

You deserve all you get.

What u hav done is VERY DANGEROUS.. It's a gas safety issue, u should not hav touched the fan ffs! Your boiler is vitiating due to not getting rid of the products of combustion! The safety device on the boiler is kicking in an saving your life! Turn off an try an get someone registered in, although that maybe difficult now...

Sponsored Links
If all else fails......have a go yourself.

What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

Come on man what's wrong with you, lucky if you live by yourself if not risking your families life's , """ what an idiot and selfish""
It will probably cost you double now, and good, what are you thinking man :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That's odd! You never called me!

I don't spend all the time is the Castle Balti so I can do a few boiler repairs !

Surprising that this non compliant posting advocating DIY gas repairs was not deleted.

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back