Vaillant Turbomax 828e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friggin boilers still on the semi fritz.
Only have to flush a toilet in the house and if fires up or open a cold tap.
Pressure rises on gauge I think on of the filling valves is letting by a bit,
and water temperature fluctuates.
So far the engineer has changed the main electric board thingy(PCB?);
all the ntc sensors; O rings on flow and return and the safety valve. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
:oops: sorry I,m new to all this forum thing but Its really good.
To tell you the truth i dont think the guy knows an awful lot about Vaillant boilers as I had to tell him that you told me The F! code was a ntc gone.
So far hes replaced the O rings; PCB board and all NTC sensors and the safety?dump valve thingy and the display.
The boiler works but water temp fluctuates and it fires when cold water is used i.e. flushing toilet, also pressure rises overnight which I suspect is one of the filling valves letting by he,s copming again tomorrow so fingers crossed.

did you get the instalation manual I sent you?

do you have a digital camera?
get us a photo of the underneath of the boiler.. pointing upwards so we can see if all the right valves are on there..

Sponsored Links
yes thanks for that, I,ve also burnt that onto disc.
I,ve got a digy camera and I,ll do as you state. soon as poss
Yep its got all the right valves i.e. CH Flow, CH return, DHW out, mains in,gas (15mm) in, and the discharge pipe that goes out the wall.
I,ve taken the connection pipe of flexi hose and noticed that water still dribbles out even though its turned off underneath(one of the two fill valves) so that answers the pressure build up.
The hot water temp fluctuates and the boiler fires when mains water is being drawn off i.e. toilet flushing but only briefly.
As stated the ch engineer has replaced the main (PCB) board, all the NTC sensors, the safety valve coz it wouldn,t hold pressure, the display,and the O rings on the flow and return 22mm pipes. Thanks for all the inputb so far. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back