Vaillant Turbomax plus 828e Hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Turbomax is taking 2 minutes to go into high fire for the hot water.

Open a tap on high flow wait 2 minutes hear the gas valve click into high fire,and temperature rises to whatever I have the stat set at.

Why the delay in going to high fire ?

Green light flashes as soon as tap is opened and boiler fires at low rate. Any pre-warmed water then dissipates and temp drops to 40.

Could it be the PCB. Aqua sensor ok presumably due to seeing green demand light flashing on tap opening. Gas valve only doing what it is asked,therefore must be a problem with whatever is giving the gas valve its information ie PCB ?

Sponsored Links
Flashing light is indicating the warmstart feature is topping up.

Are you getting S.10 or S.20 when you open the tap?

Press the i button to find out.

Sponsored Links
Yes. Not getting S10 at all.

Just tried when water was at 60 degrees after warmstart. Waited a while after tap opened to change from S30 to S23 then pretty quickly S24.

Aqua sensor fault ?

Is it worth just changing the Hall sensor first ?

Or would you replace the whole unit ?

194819 change the lot an be careful you get the clip back on the dhw ht exch right, they have a habit of jumping off an flooding everywhere :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back