Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828e - no hot water, CH OK

Thanks for the heads up regarding the circlip. I must have done it right because there has not been a problem with leaks..

One thing which might be of interest is that with a new Aqua Sensor valve comes a kit of '0' rings, circlips and a small round brass piece which I was unable to reconcile with the existing valve. I was informed by a reliable source that part (small brass piece) is not required in the UK. Don't ask me why. Anyway I took the advice and it was not used.

Incidentally the Aqua sensor valve is only about £50.00 so it's a lot cheaper than the Diverter Valve. The Aqua Sensor valve was quite grotty and I prefer to fit new parts in the knowledge that the existing one had lasted for about ten years.
The small brass plug stops off where the cold filling tap goes on the right hand side of the Aquasensor. The internal filling loop and filling taps are only on the Plus models, the cheaper Pro doesn't have an internal filling loop, Aquasensor can fit both though, hence the plug.

The internal impeller of the early aqua sensors (circa 2001) have a tendency to go brittle and deteriorate, especially in hard water. Do double check that cold clip though...:eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back