Vaillant Turbomax leaking badly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
This morning all of a sudden my Turbomax Combi Boiler stopped working when entered kitchen, it was water all over. Upon looking at the boiler, a sort of a metal valve with a grey knob (3 bars) written on it was leaking. It has a clamp on it.

Noticed that clamp was loose. Tightened the clamp tried to refill the system, still that part is leaking. Any suggestions and help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
B

Sponsored Links
Thats the PRV "pressure relief valve" is there a pipe connected,and running outside,if so where is the leak comeing from?,

Hi Bob,
The pipe is connectedto the PRV and running outside. It is the connection (joint) that connects the PRV from the bottom & the thread of the valve. The water leaks from there. Due to that leak I cannot fill the system as the water starts leaking.

Please advise
Many Thanks
B

Thats the PRV "pressure relief valve" is there a pipe connected,and running outside,if so where is the leak comeing from?,

If i,m reading this right. the leak is on the joint that connects the valve to the boiler? if thats so there will be either an o ring, or fibre washer, that needs replacing. just drain boiler, after closing the isolation valves on the boiler.

If the leak is on the joint where the pipe is connected,"the one that go,s outside, therefore the water is passing through the valve, then that joint will need nipping up,
IF thats so you have a problem with pressurization on the boiler.

Check and post back ;)

Sponsored Links
Hello Bobw

Checked as you suggested. Some moron who installed the boiler in this property before we moved in did not fit the valve secure enough. there was a wire in the way. It is a miracle that it worked this long.

The strange thing is the radiators wee not empty at all when I re filled the boiler

Thanks once again for all your help. I think I wil have to get someone from Vaillant to have a look at it properly.

B

If i,m reading this right. the leak is on the joint that connects the valve to the boiler? if thats so there will be either an o ring, or fibre washer, that needs replacing. just drain boiler, after closing the isolation valves on the boiler.

If the leak is on the joint where the pipe is connected,"the one that go,s outside, therefore the water is passing through the valve, then that joint will need nipping up,
IF thats so you have a problem with pressurization on the boiler.

Check and post back ;)

bineet";p="1449873 said:
Hello Bobw

Checked as you suggested. Some moron who installed the boiler in this property before we moved in did not fit the valve secure enough. there was a wire in the way. It is a miracle that it worked this long.

There is a wire clip holding the valve in, ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back