Refilling Vaillant TurboMax - No Flow!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant Turbomax 824E boiler is down to 0.1 bar after doing some work in the bathroom. I've tried refilling it according to the instructions on this forum (turning both valves on the right hand underside 90 degrees with a flat head screwdriver) but no water pours in and the pressure doesn't increase.

Are there any other valves that i need to turn? All the other valves on the five pipes appear to be aligned with direction of flow. I don't understand what is stopping the water flowing in?

My manual only says "if the needle displays a value below 0.8 bar when the appliance is cold, follow the instructions left by your installer to refill the system" but i don't have any instructions left by an installer!

Other than the lack of pressure the boiler is working fine. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Is there anything that looks like this?

35419.jpg

"I don't have any instructions left by installer"; INTERPRETATION: I had a mate who installed it for me and he was very good but he hasn't been in the pub lately so I can't ask him about it.

Welcome to the world of ILLEGAL GAS WORK, try turning those valves a bit further, it might work...

"I don't have any instructions left by installer"; INTERPRETATION: I had a mate who installed it for me and he was very good but he hasn't been in the pub lately so I can't ask him about it.

Welcome to the world of ILLEGAL GAS WORK, try turning those valves a bit further, it might work...

Where did that come from??

Sponsored Links
By the look of how badly it's boxed in it could well have been installed by some bloke down the pub - but i wouldn't know, it was installed before i moved in. Thanks for your responses but neither have worked:

John 506 - but i can't see any flexible piping.

Matasis - tried turning the taps further but they only turn through 90 degrees then clearly stop.

Here's a photo of the underside... anything clearly wrong?

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1773/p1010289le9.jpg

Thanks again

There's no filling loop in that picture. The loop must be situated elsewhere. You need to find something similar to the picture John506 posted.

You sure its not a turbomax plus , Try turning one valve on at a time ,one may have already been left on and by turning it you have turned it off

Namsag/gasman you're right it is a turbomax plus. But unfortunately the trick of turning the valves one at a time hasn't worked.

Should a turbomax plus still have one of those flexible cords? I don't think there is one, unless it's well and truly boxed in. If not, where is the filling loop?

Any help would be great - i really don't understand why it's not filling up.

Follow the cold feed, it is usually not far away from the boiler. (so you can watch the pressure dial while filling). Its not under a workbench by any chance ?

Looking at your photo,if you follow the 2 pipes on the right hand side Heating flow/Cold in let.you,ll see brass valves on the other side of the pipe connection plate.using a screwdriver place in slot turn,you.ll here water flowing into system,make sure you turn off when you reach 1.5 bar :LOL:

Thanks all for your help. It's fixed.

Following gigz's advice I finally found the tap for the filling loop after removing 3 cupboard drawers and unscrewing an mdf panel.

INTERPRETATION: I had a mate who installed it for me and he was very good but he hasn't been in the pub lately so I can't ask him about it.

Right, I'm off down the pub to try and find whoever who installed it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back