Refill Vaillant Turbomax 824E, with one screw valve

Sponsored Links
well open the ONE valve and see what happens , watch the guage and see if it rises

When I open it with a screwdriver, I can hear water coming through but the indicator stays at zero no mater how long I leave it.

Sponsored Links
The tube to the gauge may be blocked. It may rise over a few hours.

Tony

How long did you let it fill for?

Is it working?

Tony

@Agile, I let it for about 2 minutes. Initially it made a loud water flow sound which eventually stopped.

I have hot water, but no central heating. I was told by valiant that we should stop using it like this, as it will cause damage. They want 200£ for an engineer to fill it!

post a pic of the pipework configuration below your boiler where the one screw is and we should be able to help you

I had the engineer in. Looks like it is just the one valve you need to turn on this model.

Unfortunately the system had so much sludge, it even blocked the pressure gauge. The little cable that connects to the gauge was in an difficult to reach position (back of the boiler), the engineer could not remove it.

They recommended to power flush the radiators or just get a new boiler as this one is 12 years old.

You dont need a new boiler you need a decent engineer who knows what he/she is doing, whether it needs a power flush or not, removing the pressure gauge capillary is not a difficult thing to do, and as a side note power flushing your system will not clear the capillary tube (wire to the guage as you call it)

The guy tried to remove the tube connecting the pressure meter, it was in such awkward position that he was unable to take it out and put it back in. If he could not put it back in, then the boiler would have to be replaced. He was on a time charge, anything more than two hours would have cost us 400£.

He said the tube would be blocked again even if he did manage to take it out and clean it, because of the sludge in the radiators.

£400 for two hours ??? get Valliant themselves out they will be a lot cheaper than that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back