Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824 hot water luke warm for ages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, any advice on the following problem would be much appreciated.

The problem is this; The boiler seems to preheat to around 70 degrees. When I turn on the hot water tap it takes a while for the boiler to fire up and the amber indicator light to come on. It can be almost straight away or can take 3 minutes or longer! When it does fire up the water temp drops to around 44 degrees and then take 2 - 3 minutes to start to climb as normal to around 73 degrees.

When it first started to happen the heating seemed to work fine. I asked a heating engineer to come out who replaced one part. Can't remember what he called it but it didn't resolve the problem with the hot water and the heating wont fir up at all now showing the code S O when switch the heating on.

Also, before the new part was replaced and the heating was still working, when the central heating was on and I turned the hot water tap on the hot water didn't get hot!!

Anyway, it's baffled the engineer who is going to contact Vaillant but any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the heating does seem to fire up but is patchy and when the hot water does reach 73 degrees when the hot tap is turned on it occasionally then cuts out and the temp drops and then fires back up again usually a short time later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back