Vaillant Turbomax Plus 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a Vaillant boiler (combi) that has developed a slight leak. The boiler is about 4 years old and I live in a hard water area.
The leak is from a black coloured plastic unit that is mounted to the top and rear of the pump. The unit has a brass cap with a about 40mm diameter. on the cap is a small 'breather' that looks a bit like a dust cap from a car wheel/tyre. The leak is from this 'breather'.
As you can tell by now I'm no boiler man but I thought that if someone could identify this component a little bit more professionally then at least I could describe the problem to a fitter in the hope that I can get someone round to sort it.
I'm more of an old car guy if anything, but if it's something I could tackle myself that would be great too.
You guys all know how difficult it is to find a boiler engineer.
Cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
It,s the auto air vent for venting off air from the pump/boiler. You can puchase one from a boiler parts center for about £15. Quote them the boiler make and model and gas council number. To change it you would need to release the pressure from the boiler, unscrew the top off the existing one and give it a quick clean, and screw the new top on. Repressurise the boiler and start up as normal. Best get a breakdown engineer in if you are not familiar with boilers as you could mess up and cause more damage with water to the electrics etc. and be landed with even bigger repair problems. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help Andy.
I will take your advice and and get an engineer in now that I know what it is.
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back