Vaillant Turbomax VUW 242/1E

Sponsored Links
BARNY78BG

We managed to get a guy in and he said he didn't want to do a powerflush this close to Christmas as it could burst a pipe. He told me of a blockage in the pipe and how to try to clear it IF i could find it. He was confident of the area the blockage would be in and given what I think I found, he was right. He said it would probably be at a joint and being as I found a joint where one side is warm and the other side cold, it is logical to think a blockage there. Do you think?

plumbandplumber

No difference mate. I turn off the upstairs but the downstairs remain cold. Well, the first one very slightly warm, the next cold and the last freezing.

plumbandpumber

Update: I tried again, what you suggested, as the last time I did it was before I flushed the system and there is a slight difference. When I turn off the upstairs rads, the downstairs ones do get some heat. They're not hot but definitely warmer than before and the last of the 3 that before was freezing, now gets slightly warm. The upstairs rads seem to be cooler the further away from the boiler they are, with the first one being very hot and that trend seems to continue to downstairs. There are 7 rads in total and you can tell the sequence by the varying degrees of heat.
As for the blockage I thought I found, well that pipe coming from the T joint that was cold yesterday, now feels warm. The optimist in me says I have improved it slightly so I am going through the procedure again and hoping another flush through will improvce it more. If not, I am going to go for the powerflush. Do you all think this is likely to solve my problem?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back