Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242 E and Heatmiser PRT-TS wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and by browsing through about the Heatmiser and reading other posts, I decided to order a Heatmiser PRT-TS to replace an old Honeywell themostat (mechanical dial). There are three wires connected to the themostat and as the instructions stated there should be at least three wires, L, N and Switch.

I was wondering if A) Someone could tell me whether this is actually compatible with the boiler I have got, the Vaillant TURBOmax VUW 242 E, as an electrician did look at this but seemed to be under the impression after metering the three wires to check voltages supplied that they aren't compatible (as none of them registered around 230v so I was told), so he just left the old thermostat back as it was originally.

B) If they are compatible could someone provide a small guide on how the Heatmiser PRT-TS can be wired in? I can supply information on the current wire colours into the old stat as I took a picture before the old thermostat was placed back for future reference.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well, as nobody seems to know I guess I will try and get rid of it and get someone in who can fit the wireless Honeywell CM927 instead, thanks..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back