heatmiser prt-ts not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have replaced my 16 year old honeywell thermostat with a heatmiser prt-ts. it is to control a combi boiler.

i wired the red to L, the blue to N, the yellow to A2 and added a wire from L to A1. i think this is right according to installation diagram...however when i switched the power back on the heatmiser unit is completely dead.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or if there is something i have to do to switch the unit on?

thanks,

phil

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for the replies,

i had the boiler replaced 3 years ago its now a MAIN combi 24 HE, but the thermostat was not changed. I wonder if that is the case and the guy who fitted it has connected the wrong wires??

A meter sounds like a good idea

thanks

Sponsored Links
Has it ever worked correctly? Even if it has, it might still be wired up wrong, but it would indicate a separate fault. 24 kW Main combi sounds a bit minimalist, it could indicate that the installer was keen on cutting corners.

hi bengasman, the old honeywell one used to work correctly, it just used to stick on sometimes, so decided to replace it.

I think you could be right about the installer cutting corners, he also fitted the bathroom and we have had a nightmare with leaky baths and toilets since!!

So could i just check the wiring going into the boiler, i think i can see where it is connected (looks like it is connected to the main selection dial for selecting hot water or hot water and radiators). But can't see whats connected without taking the front off.

thanks

i have checked the wiring to make sure it is wired correctly and still no joy.

i was wondering as i am having trouble getting hold of a multimeter until monday, could i cause damage to the thermostat if i try swapping the wires round and put the blue in L etc to see if the wires are incorrect?

thanks again

You are working with 230 volt; reconnecting things at random is a particularly bad idea.
Are you sure you are up to this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back