Vaillant Turboplus 824E high pressure on CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm assuming that high pressure going to red sector and dumping water in CH mode is down to a faulty pressure vessel. Can anyone confirm this for me and confirm whether the boiler has to come off the wall as the PV is at the back of the boiler. I checked with pressure gauge and the PV was at 1 Bar, it did give off water mist so I didn't fully depressurise.If it looks like a replacement PV can anyone tell me the part No. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
what is a pv?
how do you know the vessel is not blocked on entry?
how do you know the filling loop hasnt been left on or is not shutting properly?

what is a pv?
how do you know the filling loop hasnt been left on or is not shutting properly?

Hi, thanks for reply,
Pv is the pressure vessel
I have no way of knowing if it is blocked on entry at the moment.
Filling loop has not been left on or not shut properly (I am a skilled aircraft and precision fitter familiar with mechanics)
The boiler operates normaly except for the excess pressure problem,I would like to pinpoint the problem if at all possible

Sponsored Links
could also be blockage on flow or return
Hi, as the heating and hot water are operating normally except for the excess pressure problem i'm inclined to think that flow and return are ok,but then anything is possible of course. Thanks.

what is a pv?

I see that I have been calling the expansion vessel a pressure vessel I think abbreviated to EV. However the problem remains,if the EV is u/s what sort of job is it to get it changed? It is located at the rear of the boiler and circular. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back