Vaillant v-smart advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,
Recently had a new Combi with the v-smart controls installed and the app that accompanies the controller has supposedly learned my house parameters after 4 days and set an advanced algorithm....
This all sounds ok and the house is nice and warm, the only trouble is the heating is coming on 2 hours before the set time.
While it was still in 'learning' mode it came on exactly half an hour before the set time, which is fine and enough to give the house some warmth in the morning as everyone gets up.
I don't however want it coming on at 5am as the rads clang a bit and I don't want to be sweaty in bed?
So going into the advanced settings of the app there seems to be a few settings that could impact on this but I don't want to mess with the wrong setting and mess anything up.....
So which of these settings will put it back at just a half hour pre-heat :-
Heating algorithm - basic (hysteresis?) or advanced?
Heating prediction - on or off?
Heating curve (currently at 1.1) I haven't set this?

Hope someone can advise
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If you have heating prediction on, then the beginning time you set is the time your property will reach the requested room temperature.

The colder the outside temperature and the cooler the house has become overnight, then the earlier the boiler will turn on to achieve this. This time varies day to day.

If you don't want to be hot in bed, set your first heating period to be cooler at say 18C or 19C. If you don't want the heating on and waking you because the pipework is expanding on start up, then set a later time for the early period to achieve the temperature.

If you would rather the heating operate only at the times you want it to, then just turn prediction off. DONT mess with any of the other settings, especially resetting the curve, as the vSMART will have to relearn the property again.

The aim of the control working correctly is to vary the radiator surface temperature to keep your property at a very accurate and comfortable temperature, in turn making the boiler run at its optimal efficiency.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back