Vaillant VCW 20/1 T3W Central heating & hot water not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, first post on here.

I have an old vaillant combi boiler which has been working fine (or as well as it can for its age!) for the last year or so, bar a few diverter valve problems causing the radiators to sometimes heat up when running hot water.

Last week we turned the heating on, was running fine for an hour and then without warning the burners stopped firing up and slowly the radiators went cold, which is when we noticed something had happened. I then turned the heating off.

However now the burners won't light up at all, not even for hot water. The pilot still lights. The pump still seems to work, when I run the hot water tap I can hear it wurring away. I hear all the normal noises when the tap is turned on, as if it is going to work, but nothing happens. For both hot water and heating.

I've been in contact with our boiler man who does know this boiler and has serviced it before. We have tried fault finding but nothing has worked yet. We tried the overheat switch, removing the pump proving switch and pressing the valve pin to see if it was that not working, unplugging the NTC.

The system pressure seems normal.

Is there anyone that has any ideas of what to try or knows what's happened?

Thanks,
Louis

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What's the model number ,and what do you mean when you say the pilot lights ?

It's a VCW 20/1 T3W H. That's all I can see written anywhere on the boiler.

When I say the pilot lights I mean the pilot flame is still lit. And I have turned if off and back on again when checking various things to see if the problem is solved.

Attachments

• 1512320433732487505456.jpg
    1512320433732487505456.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 1512320516093747803238.jpg
    1512320516093747803238.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
Sorry overlooked that you gave the model in the post title !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back