* VAILLANT VCW 242 CH HEATING NOT WORKING!! PLEASE HELP *

Sponsored Links
As namsag said, focus for now on the pin which should come up, and go down , in the servo valve.

Althought the fault finding will lead you to divertor 99% of the time the fault is with the servo or what operates it

:D Hi guys, let me give u all an update on my situation....

I've removed the servo valve mounting and took out the 4 small copper pipes. Inside the pipes and the servo valve were little black particles... dunno wot it was but it was basically dirty. So i've ordered a new servo and will fit it in wen I get it, hopefully Monday.

Anyone know how I can clean out my whole system without spending loads of £'s? Anyways, I'll keep you all updated and thanks for all your help.

Roger

Sponsored Links
One other thing, I read somewhere on this site that if you leave air in the servo valve then the system will not work....

Can anyone tell me how to make sure that air is not left in the system, or if there is a link to a website which shows how to do it,

thanks loads

Roger

sorry for putting up so many posts, but does anyone also know what kind of grease I should use for the water section pin?

Hey guys, I've just received and changed the servo valve and water section diaphragm. I put the silicone grease where the springs and pin was.

When refitting, I pumped the DHW expansion vessel to 1.0 bar. I did not pump the CH expansion vessel (DO I NEED TO DO THIS?)

The problem with my CH system is sill there. :mad: DHW works fine... but when the CH is switched on the boiler fires up but then after apx 30mins, the boiler stays on but the flame goes out. This is normal because the boiler recognises that the boiler is hot enough. However it does not go back on when the boiler has cooled down. Has anyone got an idea on what is going on?

Thanks loads guys, :)

You will be wise to call someone who knows this boiler. The operation is quite complex.

Post your location. One of the regulars may come forward and breath life into your boiler. Good boiler. Get rid of 'boiler replacement' brigade.

Danny, I somehow get the impression that he does not want to pay to get his boiler fixed professionally!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back